Vision and Values
“SWF – WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE WITH A POSITIVE VIEW”
The Sheerness West Federation strives to be a place of excellence, where everyone can learn, grow, succeed and take pride in all they do in a happy and secure environment.
We want every child to feel content in their relationships, to have high ambitions, and to be proud of their achievements. In order to achieve this, we need your help and support, and that of the local community. We believe that every person has the right to be treated fairly and with good grace, leading to each child becoming a good citizen. People cannot achieve this on their own; they need educating and nurturing.
The staff at the Sheerness West Federation try to give every child, regardless of their race, creed, colour, faith or ability, the opportunity to become a worthy and contented citizen, taking their own character with confidence out into the community. We strive to do this by means of the National Curriculum, as well as the ‘hidden’ curriculum, fostered by the Personal and Social Education programme, enhanced by the Code of Conduct within the spirit and ethos of the school.
We know you will want to support us in achieving these aims through your partnership as parents with Sheerness West Federation.
Children at Sheerness West Federation have a values based curriculum. We have 6 core values that we believe in and celebrate. Each Term there is a different value for the children to celebrate. Come and look around the school and find out about our value this Term.
Term 1 – RESPECT
Term 2 – KINDNESS
Term 3 – HONESTY
Term 4 – RESPONSIBILITY
Term 5 – HAPPINESS
Term 6 – COURAGE
The Drivers to enrich the curriculum and pupils’ life experiences
1. All children will have the opportunity to attend school trips before they leave in Y6; to explore and experience life away from the island.
2. All children will learn about and respect their local and global environment; celebrating Sheppey’s rich heritage.
3. All children will have the opportunity to learn about water safety and staying safe around water.
4. Children will be encouraged to show their unique- skills, interests and qualities within school and wider community. The curriculum will be planned to build on the children’s resilience to develop a growth mindset for learning and building self-confidence and awareness.
5. All children will have an opportunity to represent the Federation at a sporting event.
6. Road Safety Awareness and Bikeability are part of the curriculum and available for all children to access and learn about.
7. All children to learn a variety of life skills to keep them safe inside the home and outside school in an emergency.
8. All children will be able to identify at least one adult they can talk to about their wishes, feelings and ideas.
9. All children will have an opportunity to represent the Federation at a creative/drama/musical event at some point in their school career.
10. Parents and carers will be encouraged to engage in the learning and wider school experiences.