At West Minster School, the well-being of our children is of paramount importance. This includes their emotional well-being, as well as ensuring they are physically well-cared for.
As part of this commitment to their care, we have a dedicated Wellbeing Team;
Mrs Annette Belsom: FLO / Safeguarding
Mrs Jacci Fitch – Pastoral Support Worker
As a team we also work very closely with these other important people;
Mrs Michelle Davies – SENCO
Attendance Officer – Ms Lenaick Peters
Irene Montgomery – Inclusion Support
We believe that our school should provide a caring, positive safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
We are also here for families! From time to time every family faces challenges, such as bereavement, changes in circumstances, behaviour issues, the list goes on! Please do come and speak to us if you are finding things difficult or if you need some support. We may not know all the answers but we will always be able to find someone that does. After all, a problem shared is a problem halved!
If you need any support please leave a message with your child’s teacher, via ClassDojo or by telephoning the school office (01795 662178) Your message will be directed to us.
Watch this space – we’ll be back soon!
Please see below an update to the Household Support Fund which can be accessed by Families who are struggling with the current cost of Living.
Funded by UK Government, the scheme is for those most in need of support to help with significantly rising living costs. Swale Borough Council is working with local organisations to deliver support with food and fuel provision through a network of established agencies within the Borough.
To be eligible, you must:
• Be a Swale resident
• Be Aged over 16 or as part of a household application
• Be receiving benefits, including Universal Credit and jobseekers allowance or your household income is less than £30,000 per year
• have less than £500 in your bank account
• Live in a household receiving free school meals or child benefit
What you’ll get:
• Food parcel
• Fuel vouchers for pre-paid meters
• Vouchers for billed utility accounts
• Information and guidance
How to apply:
For access to emergency food provision in the form of a food parcel, please contact the food bank in your area:
• Faversham (West Faversham Community Association), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01795 537321
• Sheerness (Family Food Bank), email email@example.com or call 01795 889233
• Sittingbourne (Swale Food Bank), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07486 370709
• Multicultural (Diversity House), email email@example.com or call 01795 420455
For support with a pre-paid gas or electricity meter vouchers (in line with the Fuel Bank Foundation criteria):
• contact the Fuel and Water Home Advisor
Access to Fuel support for residents who are on billed accounts and in debt with their providers will be available from Monday 5 September. The service is being delivered by Children & Families and is available to residents who are in arrears with their utility provider and have less than £500 currently in their bank (evidence of this required). Children & Families will be issuing one-off vouchers to residents to make a payment directly to their utility provider to help reduce the debt on their account. More information about the eligibility criteria is available at https://www.children-families.org/household-support-fund.html where residents will also be able to apply.
For any questions, please contact the Community Engagement Officer at Swale Borough Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Salus
- Seashells Children and Families Centre
- West Minster Primary School Facebook Page
KINDRED SPIRIT SUPPORT GROUP
Although this group is not meeting in person at present, we are still available for support and advice.
For more information speak to Sally, the FLO at Rose Street.