We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our young people. Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people have the best outcomes.
All staff are safeguarding trained and there are three designated safeguarding leads (DSLs). The school has a Safeguarding Team who oversee all areas of school life. You can talk to any of them if you have a concern about your child or about another child.
The Safeguarding Team are:
Miss Brewer Miss Ovenden Mrs Belsom Miss Gransden
Head of School Deputy Head FLO Assistant Head
Designated Safeguarding Lead
It can be difficult to know what to do if you think a child is at risk. It’s important to remember that if you’ve spotted things that don’t seem right, others will have too. Speaking up can make sure that child gets help as soon as possible. If you need to report a safeguarding concern out of school hours please don’t wait until you return to school to inform your DSLs, please report it as a member of the public.
- Central Duty Team (9-5 Social Services) – 03000 411111
- Out of Hours Social Care (outside normal working hours) – 03000 419191
- Childline – 0808 800 5000 – to report if you are worried about a child 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
– report non urgent concerns on line
- Mental Health Crisis Team – 0300 222 0123
- Kent Police – 101